The books I’ve found most useful for DD303. Items marked with an asterisk* are recommended because they are more readable than purely academic writing whilst also thoroughly covering the topic.
- Study skills
- The Good Study Guide
- Good Essay Writing: A Social Sciences Guide
- How to Read Journal Articles in the Social Sciences. This is absolute gold. It’s a highly readable and practical book describing how to read effectively and efficiently. Read as early as possible in DD303. It takes practice to apply the techniques, but it’s well worth the effort. Read again in advance of your project as it will help you to identify a GAP and RAT for your residential school. Read again(!) afterwards to ace your experimental report.
- Part 3: Language & Thought
- Chapter 11: Problem Solving
- Chapter 12: Judgement and Decision Making & Chapter 13: Reasoning